Verified Carbon Standard
First Environment, Inc.
- Mitigates global climate change
- Provides clean energy technology that avoids air and water pollution
- Helps to reduce the dependence on fossil fuels
- Locally sourced, wind energy
- Employment opportunities generated
- Increased local investment in wind energy
- Promotion of business and infrastructure development
In addition to generating clean energy, the 662.5-megawatt Capricorn Ridge Wind Project also “adds a tax base to Sterling and Coke Counties, provides economic stimulus of landowner lease payments, and creates no air or water pollution.” The Capricorn Ridge Wind Project is capable of “generating enough electricity to power more than 220,000 homes.” Furthermore, the Capricorn Ridge employs a staff of 36 and allows local lands to remain in agricultural use.