Carbonfree® Product Certification
Reduce your product’s carbon footprint with Carbonfree® Certification
First Carbon Neutral Label in the United States
Customers are increasingly seeking to purchase products from companies that are taking care of our environment. Climate change and carbon reductions are major drivers of individual purchasing decisions and important components of corporate responsibility programs.
The Carbonfree® Product Certification is a meaningful, transparent way for you to provide environmentally-responsible, carbon neutral products to your customers. By determining a product’s carbon footprint, reducing it where possible and offsetting remaining emissions through our third-party validated carbon reduction projects, companies can:
- Differentiate their brand and product
- Increase sales and market share
- Improve customer loyalty
- Strengthen corporate social responsibility & environmental goals
- Perform a Life-Cycle Assessment (LCA) or Product Carbon Footprint (PCF) to determine the carbon footprint of your product(s) using our Carbonfree® Product Certification Carbon Footprint Protocol and one of the leading LCA product methodologies.
- Register and Certify your product as Carbonfree®
- Offset the product’s carbon footprint quarterly, based on actual sales
- Renew your product registration annually
- Download the Carbonfree® Product Certification Protocol
- Review the list of frequently asked questions and the program explanation document.
- Search the listing of Certified Carbonfree® Products
Linda Kelly, Vice President of Partnerships
240-247-0630 x 633