Carbonfund.org partner Virgin America was recognized as the Most Eco-Friendly Airline in the SmarterTravel Editors’ Choice Awards. The green achievements are a major reason why Carbonfund.org was so thrilled to partner with Virgin America to help them further reduce their carbon footprint. Some of the green initiatives that Virgin America has undertaken:
- Supporting LEED Certified building standards for select facilities/terminals;
- Offering preferential parking for hybrid cars;
- Operating a fuel-efficient fleet of airplanes that save money and carbon emissions;
- Publicly listing the airline’s carbon footprint;
- Offsetting the emissions of their corporate headquarters with Carbonfund.org;
- Enabling passengers to offset when purchasing their travel or in-flight through their touch-screen RED system.
We would like to congratulate Virgin America for their continued commitment to sustainability and for this recognition.