Think of the last slow-loading website you visited. How would you describe the experience? Frustrating? Annoying? Irritating? Imagine if that slow website was yours… Those aren’t feelings you want your visitors to have.
Site speed impacts SEO rankings, bounce rate, visitor satisfaction and most importantly website conversion rate. Often, the solution is choosing a fast server hosting company to improve and maintain website performance.
Ten-Year Carbonfree® Business Partner A2Hosting offers the full range of high-speed server hosting, in configurations that match large businesses requiring dedicated servers, to shared server options for the sole entrepreneur or professional blogger. And A2Hosting’s services are Carbonfree®, featuring FutureServe Green Hosting.
A2 Hosting was founded in 2003 and is proudly headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan. In fact the “A2” in the company name is an abbreviation for Ann Arbor!
Being based in Ann Arbor is one of the reasons the A2Hosting team feels it’s so essential to help protect the environment, on not just a local level, but on a global one as well. Protecting the environment for future generations; that in a nutshell explains the goal of FutureServe Green Hosting.
Since 2007, A2Hosting has partnered with Carbonfund.org to offset the company’s carbon footprint to be 100% carbon neutral. A2 Hosting’s partnership with Carbonfund.org helps the continued development of clean, renewable sources of energy and the reduction of CO2 emissions on a global scale.
Over the past ten years, A2Hosting’s carbon emissions offset donations to Carbonfund.org have neutralized almost 2.3 million pounds of greenhouse gases, equivalent to planting 27,000 tree seedlings and allowing those trees to grow for ten years!
Other green business practices of A2Hosting include:
- Telcommuting – To prevent unnecessary CO2 emissions from daily commutes to an office, employees work remotely from their homes and carpool to team meetings.
- Recycling Older Servers – Instead of tossing older equipment into a landfill, A2Hosting re-uses it. Retired hardware is used as internal servers, dedicated servers for clients with lower resource requirements and is resold to the public.
- Planting Trees – A2Hosting periodically runs special promotions, including planting 3-trees for every hosting package sold during a given month.
- Reducing Trash – The A2Hosting team reduces waste as much as possible with practices like using coffee mugs instead of disposable coffee cups.
- Solid State Disk Drives – SSDs use less energy than traditional HDDs. A2 Hosting was one of the first providers to offer SSD Hosting!
Carbonfund.org is pleased to recognize A2Hosting’s ten years as a Carbonfree® Business and is proud to continue to partner with a leader in high-speed, reliable and environmentally responsible website hosting.