Lower Mississippi Alluvial Valley Reforestation Initiative
- Location: USA
- Project type: Reforestation Project
- Standard: American Carbon Registry
- Verification/Validation: Environmental Services, Inc.
- Mitigates climate change
- Restores watershed alongside Mississippi River
- Reduces soil erosion
- Restores wildlife habitat
- Local employment
- Improved area for recreational activities and tourism
The Lower Mississippi Alluvial Valley Reforestation Initiative aims to reforest at least one million acres throughout Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri and Illinois. Considered North America’s rainforest, this region is a vital habitat for migratory birds and numerous plant and animal species. The project will also sequester CO2 emissions. Previously encompassing 22 million acres of temperate forest, the region now holds only four million acres of unfarmed forestland.
PLEASE NOTE: This project has limited carbon offsets inventory available and carries a higher premium pricing – please contact email@example.com to discuss.