The state of Himachal Pradesh, India
Verified Carbon Standard
LGAI Technological Center S.A.
- Mitigates global climate change
- Run-of-river requires no dams to be built
- Reduces local air pollution such as SOx, NOx, and particulate matter
- Locally sourced, renewable energy
- Employment opportunities generated
- Increased local investment in clean energy
- Promotes business and infrastructure development
The Hydro Power Project by Darjeeling Power is a 3 megawatt, grid-connected project on the Shaung Stream, which is a tributary of the Bapsa River. As a small-scale, run-of-river hydroelectric project, the Project provides a sustainable source of renewable energy which does not require the displacement of people nor the establishment of a dam. While providing environmental and community benefits, the project – which was also certified under the Clean Development Mechanism – will reduce nearly 165,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide equivalent emissions (mtCO2e) over the first 10 years of the Project.