The Human Beauty Movement (HBM) is a new kind of business dedicated to inspiring radical inclusion, true holistic wellness, and environmental sustainability in the beauty industry and beyond. With a head of integrity, a heart for humanity, a soul of beauty, and a hand for artistry, we are pioneering a culture of realness, transparency, and social impact.
We strive to use the most environmentally conscientious packaging options we can.
- The majority of our packaging is made of glass and paperboard, which can be recycled.
- We use post-consumer recycled paper-based packaging for our shipping materials and do not use plastic void fill or plastic shipping tape.
- We strive to minimize our use of virgin plastic and seek to further reduce usage of virgin plastic componentry as we grow.
Respecting the Environment
We uphold environmentally-friendly operations and measure our impact as part of the B Corporation certification criteria.
- We seek environmentally friendly ingredient sourcing in our formulas.
- We are a carbon-neutral operation – we offset all greenhouse gas emissions, including all shipping, through donations to carbonfund.org for reforestation initiatives.
- Our executive office is committed to recycling paper, plastic, aluminum, glass and e-waste.
- We offer a free Zero Waste Program to recycle beauty packaging in partnership with TerraCycle.
“I believe I have a responsibility to leave the world better and healthier than when I entered it. That’s why it’s important for my business to offset its carbon emissions through carbonfund.org. By supporting reforestry initiatives that re-green the planet, carbonfund.org enables The Human Beauty Movement to contribute to a more sustainable future.” – Jennifer Norman, Founder & Chief Human Officer.