Food.Stories.Travel. is a Tour Operator (certified B Corporation) organizing educational journeys connecting people, cultures, food and stories through travel in the Mediterranean and cooking classes in the USA.
Our commitment is expressed below and also in the following link on our website: https://foodstoriestravel.com/our-commitment
TO EDUCATE OUR TRAVELERS by
- promoting values important to us such as sustainability, biodiversity, respect for local people, traditions, animals and the environment on tour, on our local events , through social media ( Facebook, Twitter and Instagram ) and on our website
- featuring Slow Food Presidia (worldwide initiatives that support quality production at risk of extinction) on ALL our tours through visits and tastings
- featuring Agriturismi (a family-run “farm stay” combining agriculture and tourism in a partially or totally transformed farmhouse) for accommodations and, when available, meals as well
TO CONSIDER ALL OF OUR STAKEHOLDERS such as our customers, employees, suppliers, community and the environment. We work hard to limit our impact and support the community and are very proud to be a certified B Corporation
TO MINIMIZE ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT by
- recycling plastic, water and paper not only at home but also on tour and on our events, reducing and properly disposing of all litter
- purchasing carbon footprint offset certificates from reputable organizations which invest in renewable energy and methane capture projects, such as Carbonfund.org, which support emission reduction projects in communities around the United States.
- planting trees with Treedom, whose mission is to make the world a better place, one tree at a time
TO AVOID FOOD WASTE by trying to order food at all meals in the right and satisfying amounts
TO INVEST IN THE PLACES WE VISIT AND ORGANIZATIONS THAT SHARE OUR VALUES by
- donating more than 1% of our annual sales revenues (as of December 2019 we have donated more than $21,000) to food literacy and environmental non profit organizations. We are a proud member of the 1% for the Planet. See below who we support
- featuring restaurants, farmers and artisans who produce “good, clean and fair food”
- organizing local events and volunteering for food literacy organizations such as Community Servings or similar