The New Year gives each of us the opportunity to re-examine every aspect of our lives and seek out the most environmentally conscious choices for all that we do. Even party planning and hosting can have an environmentally responsible element. Modern Frill is a Canadian online boutique party shop based in Nelson, British Columbia, hand-sourcing products from all over the world in order to provide shoppers with unique and attractive party supplies to help make their events truly special. In addition, Modern Frill has taken steps to help minimize its impact on the environment, and thus reduce the environmental impact of its party supplies:
- Its Canadian business operations are 100 % powered by renewable hydroelectric energy
- All offices and warehouse are lit exclusively with low energy LED and fluorescent lighting
- All packing supplies are made from 100% renewable materials
- All shipping boxes are locally produced made from 100% recycled content
- Its servers are housed in a “green”, carbon-neutral data center with passive cooling practices and powered by wind and solar energy
- Modern Frills maintains an integrated waste-management plan with a goal of zero landfill waste, and
- All business operations (including shipping) are carbon-neutral through the purchase of offsets from Carbonfund.org.
By joining the Carbonfree® Business Partnership program for 2015, Modern Frill has neutralized operational emissions by supporting Carbonfund.org’s carbon emissions reduction, forestry and clean air technology projects around the world.
“At Modern Frill, we believe that business can be a force for good in the world and can help to power transformational change,” states Misha Graves, Founder of Modern Frill. “For us, that starts with ensuring that our business does not contribute to global climate change, which we feel is one of the greatest threats facing the world today. We have a responsibility to ensure that we are helping the world rather than harming it. We have partnered with Carbonfund.org because they have demonstrated proven leadership and commitment to fighting climate change for over 10 years.”
Modern Frill helps its clients “live a pretty life” while also living an environmentally responsible life, and Carbonfund.org is pleased to welcome Modern Frill to the Carbonfree® Business Partnership program.