Half of the trees cut commercially around the world are used to make paper products that oftentimes get discarded immediately. Paper use has actually increased in the digital age despite all of the e-alternatives. If you really need to print something, here are several tips and small adjustments from Harvard students that make a difference over time.
- Double-side it! Set your default to print double-sided with this Windows or Mac guide.
- Challenge your office to benchmark paper usage and reduce by 10%. (Track via the paper count option on your printer.)
- Reduce your printing margins to .75.
- Don’t forget to look for blank pages and only print graphics “as-needed”.
- Print multiple images per sheet for PowerPoint slides or drafts.