Blog

Educational Services Abroad Expands Environmental Commitments

March 17, 2021

Educational Services Abroad (ESA) is a leading customized programs provider in Europe, facilitating high impact cultural learning programs.  ESA’s work is guided by values of linguistic and cultural diversity, respect for people and the environment, an appreciation for Arts and Culture, community engagement, and inclusion.

ESA’s environmental commitments include carbon emissions offsetting, energy-efficiency, and working with providers with a sustainability certificate whenever possible.

As a Carbonfree® Small Business Partner, ESA is able to neutralize operational emissions associated with its learning programs.

“At ESA we love to travel but we also know it is one of the major contributors to climate change and we are committed to reducing our impact. We reduce the carbon footprint of our programs by offsetting the airfare and group ground transportation,” explains Lynn Wallace, Founder and CEO.  “With this initiative, ESA is offsetting 95% of the carbon emissions of the flights and ground transfers of the programs we operate and we ask the program participants to cover the remaining 5% during their program.  We chose Carbonfund.org because of its transparency and its projects.”

ESA combines intercultural learning, academic inquiry and curricular goals with expert on-site knowledge and logistic resources to create unique, customized programs in Europe. Since 2008, ESA has supported high-quality customized programs for colleges and universities from around the world.

RELATED ARTICLES