Metropolitan Food Service is a family owned and operated food service management company based in Long Island, NY. They provide Colleges and Universities in the local area with customized dining, vending, and catering services that meet their needs. Their goal is to inspire and fuel the minds of their customers with fresh, nutritious, creative meals with a focus on convenience, affordability, and sustainability. As a CarbonFree Partner, MFS offsets its corporate footprint in addition to implementing a wide range of environmental initiatives including:
- Local, vegan, and organic snack items for the On the Go Healthy Vending Program
- Local produce and meat
- Biodegradable and sustainable packaging
- Recycling of their waste cooking oil
- Reduced bottled water use
- Sustainable cleaning products and methodologies.
Additionally, any food that is not purchased is donated. If you’re a college student, professor, or administrator in the New York area, who’s supplying your dining hall food? Consider making the switch to Metropolitan Food Service for locally produced food from an environmentally conscious company.