Blog

CELEBRATING 12 YEARS OF FOREVER CHEESE PARTNERSHIP WITH CARBONFUND.ORG FOUNDATION!

December 19, 2019

Since 2007, Forever Cheese has partnered with Carbonfund.org Foundation to actively support reforestation and renewable energy projects, demonstrating the proactive steps it is taking to fight against global climate change. Forever Cheese, importer of unique cheeses and specialty foods from Italy, Spain, Portugal & Croatia, has spent the past 12 years making donations that are the equivalent of reducing greenhouse gas emissions from over 35 million miles driven by the average passenger vehicle, or CO2 emissions from over 2,500 homes electricity usage for 1 year, or carbon sequestered by over 17,000 acres of US forest. Forever Cheese provides 80% of their donation toward U.S. renewable energy projects (including both wind and hydro-electric) and the remaining 20% toward reforestation.

“We are very proud of our twelve-year partnership with Forever Cheese,” said Eric Carlson, President at Carbonfund.org Foundation, “Their support toward our world class renewable energy and reforestation projects have made a significant impact on climate change mitigation. We commend Forever Cheese for partnering on this crucial work to ensure a better future for our planet.”

Forever Cheese uses recyclable materials whenever possible in the office and is actively looking to increase their commitment to preserving the environment. This combination of both internal and external carbon reductions helps Forever Cheese reach their sustainability objectives while protecting important biodiversity and encouraging the shift to clean energy solutions.

“”Offsetting our carbon footprint has been an important part of our business for the past 12 years. We are proud to partner with Carbonfund.org to support projects that combat climate change.” said Michele Buster, President of Forever Cheese.

Forever Cheese is dedicated to sourcing the most unique and highest quality cheeses and specialty foods of the Mediterranean. For the last 21 years, owner Michele Buster has been importing and educating Americans on these unusual and fantastic products.

Carbonfund.org, the leading nonprofit carbon offset and climate solution organizations, supports third party renewable energy in the U.S and abroad to reduce CO2 pollution. The support Carbonfund.org Foundation receives for carbon reduction projects offer important climate change solutions that benefits both planet and people.

For more information on Forever Cheese, please contact (718)777-0772 or marketing@forevercheese.com