Global Basecamps, a Carbonfund.org partner, has dedicated itself to providing travelers with fun, diverse and sustainable vacations. Travelers can set up a basecamp in one location and explore different places in a short period of time. Global Basecamps has identified ways to help reduce a trip’s impact on the environment.
- Plant a Tree When You Travel – Planting a tree is a way to fight climate change (about 20% of climate change is due to deforestation), restore habitat and preserve biodiversity. Global Basecamps plants a tree in Nepal for every vacation they book.
- Offset Your Trip’s Carbon Footprint – Flying, driving, lodging, eating and everything you do on your trip has an impact on climate change. The only way to neutralize that impact on climate (short of not traveling) is to offset your footprint by supporting third-party validated carbon reduction projects. Calculate and offset your trip here.
- Support Local Charities at Your Destination – Global Basecamps is a strong supporter of Pack for a Purpose. You can choose a local charity at your destination and help their mission by donating some of your money or items such as pencils, medical supplies or soccer balls.
- Basecamp – Get a true flavor of the locations you visit by basecamping. Choose a central base and explore many places in a short trip. This can cut your carbon footprint and provide a great experience at the same time.
- Commit to Live Sustainably When You Get Home – Take the lessons of your trip home with you. Volunteer when you get back. You can also offset your vehicle and home carbon emissions to reduce your overall footprint.
For more information on how Global Basecamps makes sustainability central to their mission, click here.