CARBONFUND.ORG FOUNDATION CELEBRATES CSC SERVICEWORKS FOR THEIR CONTINUED LEADERSHIP IN SUSTAINABILITY AND GREENHOUSE GAS MITIGATION
Wednesday, 18 April 2018
Celebrating over 70 years in service, CSC ServiceWorks is the premier laundry service provider to more than 1,100 college and university campuses across the United States. To best serve their customers, they combine their advanced technological solutions including LaundryView®, the #1 online monitoring software, with the installation of the most water and energy-efficient equipment available.
CSC ServiceWorks’ Lighten the Load™ initiative is reducing college carbon footprints while educating students on the benefits of making sustainable choices in the laundry room. By encouraging campuses to reduce the environmental impact of their properties and facilities and offering them environmentally responsible solutions to accomplish this objective, CSC ServiceWorks is serving an important role to help campuses further their efforts to promote on campus sustainability.
Since the start of the partnership in 2008, we are proud to report that CSC ServiceWorks has mitigated over 130 million pounds (60,000 metric tonnes) of CO2 through external carbon reduction projects chosen to meet the voluntary guidelines set forth by Second Nature. This is equivalent to reducing GHG emissions from 147,058,824 miles driven by the average passenger vehicle or the carbon sequestered by 1,554,969 tree seedlings grown over 10 years.
“We greatly appreciate our long -term partnership with CSC ServiceWorks and their commitment to creating carbon neutral laundry services for campuses nationwide,” said Eric Carlson, President at Carbonfund.org, “Their commitment to water conservation and energy efficiency is exceptional.”
CSC ServiceWorks has supported our exceptional projects located in the “Lungs of the Earth” – the Brazilian Amazon. In the world’s largest rainforest, the Purus and Russas REDD + (Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Degradation) Projects will protect over 180,000 acres from slash-and-burn forest clearing and prevent millions of tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions. The Projects are located in the State of Acre, Brazil and, have achieved dual-validation to the Verified Carbon Standard (VCS) and the Climate, Community and Biodiversity Standard (CCBS) with Gold Distinction.
CSC ServiceWorks Clean and Green Vision includes:
- Encouraging customers to reduce the environmental impact of their properties and facilities and offer them environmentally responsible solutions to accomplish this objective.
- Communicating with employees, customers, and suppliers about environmental issues and activities to encourage responsible behavior.
- Investing in the development of technology that will help reduce the impact their business activities on the environment.
- Conserve natural resources through the reuse and recycling of materials and by purchasing recycled materials whenever possible.
- Encouraging suppliers to provide products that are environmentally responsible, including the purchase of recycled materials.
- Working with Carbonfund.org to explore and implement carbon offset programs.
Carbonfund.org Foundation is a proud partner of CSC ServiceWorks’ Lighten the Load program and we look forward to building on the great work that has been done over the past decade.