- ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS Carbonfund.org provides online services to you subject to the following Terms of Service (“TOS”), which may be updated by us from time to time. Updates will be noted on this Web site. In addition, when using, registering and/or signing up for particular Carbonfund.org services, you and Carbonfund.org shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services. All such guidelines or rules are hereby incorporated by reference into the TOS.
- SERVICES Carbonfund.org currently provides a variety of on-line sites, systems, resources and services (collectively the “Services”), which we are constantly seeking to improve and enhance. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current Service shall be subject to the TOS. You understand and agree that the Service is provided “AS-IS” and that Carbonfund.org assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings.
In order to use the Service, you must obtain access to the World Wide Web, either directly or through devices that access web-based content, and pay any service fees associated with such access. In addition, you must provide all equipment necessary to make such connection to the World Wide Web, including a computer and modem or other access device.
Carbonfund.org reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that Carbonfund.org shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
- USE OF SERVICE In consideration of your use of the Service, you agree to use the Service as intended by Carbonfund.org, and to refrain from any misuse of sites, services, and/or systems made available by Carbonfund.org. Misuse of the service includes but is not limited to any action described in a-j below, or that compromises Carbonfund.org’ sites, services, systems and/or any information contained therein. Misuse of the service will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
You agree to not use the Service to:
You acknowledge that Carbonfund.org and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, Carbonfund.org and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the TOS or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any Content created or linked to by Carbonfund.org or submitted to Carbonfund.org.
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any content, including but not limited to e-mail communication, information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other material (“Content”), that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Carbonfund.org employee, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content, including but not limited to e-mail commentary, transmitted through the Service;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights (“Rights”) of any party;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas that are designated for such purpose;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- access, collect or store personal data about other users.
You acknowledge and agree that Carbonfund.org may preserve Content and may also disclose Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the TOS; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Carbonfund.org, its users and the public.
You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- INDEMNITY You agree to indemnify and hold Carbonfund.org, and its affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, representatives, employees and volunteers harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post to or transmit through the Service, your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of the TOS, or your violation of any rights of another.
- NO RESALE OF SERVICE The Service is provided for the use and enjoyment of visitors and registrants to Carbonfund.org’ Web sites. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service.
- TERMINATION You agree that Carbonfund.org, in its sole discretion, may terminate your use of the Service, if Carbonfund.org believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the TOS. Carbonfund.org may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Service under any provision of this TOS may be effected without prior notice. Further, you agree that Carbonfund.org shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Service.
- DEALINGS WITH ADVERTISERS & MERCHANTS Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers and/or merchants found on or through the Service, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser and/or merchant. You agree that Carbonfund.org shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers and/or merchants on the Service.
- LINKS The Service may provide, or third parties may provide, references and/or links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because Carbonfund.org has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Carbonfund.org is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse or sponsor and is not responsible or liable for any TOS, Content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Carbonfund.org shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
- CARBONFUND.ORG’ PROPRIETARY RIGHTS All proprietary rights in the Service and any necessary software used in connection with the Service or this Web site (“Software”) are owned or licensed for use by Carbonfund.org. This Web site is owned and operated by Carbonfund.org and except as otherwise specified, Carbonfund.org owns all materials appearing on this Web site, including the text, site design, logos, graphics, and images, as well as the selection, assembly and arrangement thereof. You acknowledge and agree that the Service and Software contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that Content contained in sponsor advertisements or information presented to you through the Service or advertisers is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by Carbonfund.org or advertisers, you agree not to copy, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, display, perform or create derivative works based on the Service or the Software, in whole or in part. Carbonfund.org grants you a personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive right and license to use the object code of its Software; provided that you do not (and do not allow any third party to) copy, modify, display, distribute, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer any right in the Software. You agree not to modify the Software in any manner or form, or to use modified versions of the Software, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to the Service. You agree not to access the Service by any means other than through the interface that is provided by Carbonfund.org for use in accessing the Service.
- GENERAL DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
Carbonfund.org respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact us at
- YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. CARBONFUND.ORG EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- CARBONFUND.ORG MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (V) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
- ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
- NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM CARBONFUND.ORG OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TOS.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT CARBONFUND.ORG SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF CARBONFUND.ORG HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.
- EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF SECTIONS 12 AND 13 MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- TRADEMARK INFORMATION Carbonfund.org, and other Carbonfund.org logos and product and service names are trademarks of Carbonfund.org. (the “Carbonfund.org Marks”). Without Carbonfund.org’ prior permission, you agree not to display or use in any manner, the Carbonfund.org Marks.
- GENERAL INFORMATION The TOS, along with terms and conditions provided to registrants and customers of Carbonfund.org’ sites and services, constitute the entire agreement between you and Carbonfund.org and govern your use of the Service, superceding any prior agreements between you and Carbonfund.org. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use affiliate services, third-party content or third-party software. The TOS and the relationship between you and Carbonfund.org shall be governed by the laws of the State of Maryland without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You understand and agree that, except for the right of either party to apply to a court of competent jurisdiction for a temporary restraining order or preliminary injunction to preserve the status quo or prevent irreparable harm pending the selection and confirmation of an arbitrator, any dispute arising under or relating to these Terms and Conditions shall be resolved through mediation and arbitration. You agree to first try to resolve the dispute informally with the help of a mutually agreed upon mediator. If the parties cannot agree on a mediator or fail to arrive at a mutually satisfactory solution through mediation within 10 days following the commencement of such mediation, the parties agree to submit their dispute to binding arbitration of a single arbitrator in Silver Spring, MD according to the rules of the American Arbitration Association. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or the TOS must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. The section titles in the TOS are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
- REFUND POLICY
In exceptional cases, such as mistaken donation amounts or accidental duplicate donations, Carbonfund.org will, at its discretion, refund the excess donation amount upon request.