Online retailer dedicated to high-style ethical fashion with a focus on emerging and luxury designers
1) We purchase carbon offsets and offer eco-friendly packaging and carbon-neutral shipping with every order.
2) Our company is based in a LEED-certified green building in New York City.
3) Many of the items we sell are made using salvaged, reclaimed, recycled or upcycled materials, as well as natural and organic fibers, that can be more easily recycled and/or that will decompose or biodegrade more quickly than synthetics.
4) Several of the designers we carry are committed to environmental responsibility and have taken tangible steps toward minimizing their carbon-footprint. Some of their commitments include:
- Sourcing and manufacturing locally to reduce the impact of transporting materials to various stops along the supply and production chains
- Instituting steps along the production process to conserve water and energy
- Using natural and AZO-free dyes, and avoiding or minimizing the use of other toxic chemicals
- Disposing of waste via closed-loop systems that keep pollutants out of water supplies
- Making items by hand or in small batches in an effort to decelerate the fashion cycle, as well as avoid the environmental impact of machine-driven assembly lines
"As a retailer devoted to promoting ethical and sustainable fashion, we are naturally committed to minimizing our environmental impact and remaining a carbon-neutral business. SHOPETHICA.COM's corporate values align with Carbonfund.org’s mission and its efforts in the fight against climate change." - Carolina Cantor, Co-Founder
- City: New York
- State: NY
- Country: United States