Care2 is a community that empowers individuals to make a difference. Care2 has over 18 million members, making it the web's largest community of people seeking to make a difference in issues like green living, human rights and animal welfare. The letter from the President Randy Paynter on the Care2 site says it all, “The idea is simple: Make it easy for everyone to live a healthy, green lifestyle and impact the causes they care about most.”
The Care2 site offers a plethora of engagement options, and here are just a few of them:
- healthy living – from food, to health, to pets to family this section of Care2 gives members categorized advice on ways that members can improve the overall well being of their lives in a variety of ways.
- community – want to join up with like-mined people? This is the place to meet people who are also looking for you, such as: travel, singles, parenting, hobbies, and many more.
- start a petition – this great feature allows individuals, non-profits, and other groups to make their voices heard in a simple but effective way to start petitions, spread the word, and get voices heard. In fact, ever notice the petition widget on the Carbonfund.org site? This is one way that Care2 and Carbonfund.org partner together to get a pro-environment message out to readers like you!
- eCards – for any occasion, Care2 offers eCards that range from spiritual to sentimental to romantic to funny. These cards are great for a special occasion or “just because.”
- free click to donate – this is one of the easiest ways you can support Carbonfund.org! With Care2s click to donate, a member can simply go onto the site and click on the Carbonfund.org cause under global warming to click our cause and get Care2 donations. This is a great way to support us and other causes without impacting your bank account.
- news network – the Care2 news network gives news from the US and around the world on many newsworthy areas including government, politics, culture, and more. This is a great one-stop shop to get the news that you care about.
- daily deals – looking to save on coffee, cosmetics, clothes and other socially/environmentally conscious stuff? Care2 provides a deal every day for subscribers that can save big money and support great businesses.
- green jobs – if you want a green job in policy, renewable energy, your favorite non-profit or more, this tool offers a great list of green jobs that can get you to work in the green economy. A great resource for folks looking for any kind of green collar job!
These engagement options that Care2 offers are just a few of many that members can explore. Carbonfund.org is certainly proud to partner with such a forward thinking organization. The membership is free and easy to sign up for so check it out today. To learn more please visit: http://www.care2.com or http://www.thepetitionsite.com.
As the State Department made clear last month, the rushed and arbitrary deadline insisted on by Congressional Republicans prevented a full assessment of the pipelines impact, especially the health and safety of the American people, as well as our environment. As a result, the Secretary of State has recommended that the application be denied. And after reviewing the State Departments report, I agree.
This announcement is not a judgment on the merits of the pipeline, but the arbitrary nature of a deadline that prevented the State Department from gathering the information necessary to approve the project and protect the American people.So does this mark the end of the project and its environmental threat? Not really. The statement focuses on Republican strong-arming instead of environmental concerns and TransCanada has already said they intend to reapply for a permit. For more information on the pipeline fight, visit http://www.tarsandsaction.org/spread-the-word/key-facts-keystone-xl/ For insight into different green opinions on this development, visit http://grist.org/politics/is-the-anti-keystone-campaign-good-or-bad-for-the-environmental-movement/