- Enroll today
- Provide your member number at the time of booking and earn points for every dollar spent on Amtrak travel
- Use your points to redeem a wide selection of rewards, including free Amtrak travel and carbon offsets
“Of 23 companies surveyed that have already conducted LCAs, 82 percent plan to do at least one in the next 12 months. The number of scientific publications that reference LCAs has jumped from 473 in 2008 to 902 in 2010, with 636 referencing LCAs between January and April 2011. And LCA tool vendors and consultants report 30-40 percent sales increases a year, with many companies turning to LCAs to get a better grasp on their impacts, respond to demands for transparency and get ahead of regulations or eco-label requirements.”An example of an eco-label that requires an LCA is CarbonFree® Product Certification. This certification label is a meaningful, transparent way for companies to provide environmentally friendly, carbon neutral products. By determining a product’s carbon footprint with an LCA, reducing inefficiencies where possible and then offsetting remaining emissions through third-party validated carbon reduction projects, companies can (as the survey points out): differentiate the brand and product, increase sales, improve customer loyalty and, of course, strengthen corporate social responsibility & environmental goals. Companies that have performed LCAs and achieved this certification include: Motorola, LEI Electronics, Intek America, Nika Water, Grounds for Change, Domino Sugar as well as others. Considering this new research report on LCAs, these companies are clearly onto something! For more information about these products or about the Certification Program, visit: www.carbonfund.org/products
- Carbon neutral travel - Through their partnership with the Carbonfund.org, all Earthbound globetrotters will travel carbon neutral. This is accomplished by supporting climate mitigation projects through Carbonfund.org.
- Location - Whether in a city or a village, accommodations are centrally located so that travelers can simply walk out the door and start exploring!
- Timing - Carefully crafted itineraries offer the best of a destination without long travel times or being rushed. This means more time for adventure!
- “Insider” Experiences - Earthbounders enjoy one-of-a-kind intimate experiences with local experts. This means a true local experience.
- Small Groups - Expeditions are with just 12-29 fellow travelers ( hosted journeys may be larger). You’ll discover treasures that are simply not available to large tour groups.
- Intimate Dining – Travelers enjoy regional specialties the way they were meant to be enjoyed.
- No Hidden Costs - All admissions and special events listed in your itinerary are included - even tips for your guide and driver.
- Superb Expedition Leaders - Guides offer a unique perspective on the destinations. These group leaders are great historians, naturalists and linguists, as well as great travel companions!
Coupon valid through Monday, April 25th. Click here to choose your brew.Besides the high-quality coffee, Grounds for Change is a great source for beans year-round because of their commitment to sustainable business. They are a member of 1% for the Planet, donate well over 1% of their total sales to various environmental organizations, and have received a Washington award for Outstanding Achievement in Sustainability. Why? Because every single bean they roast is Fair Trade Certified, Organic Certified, CarbonFree® Certified and Shade Grown, which means the possibility of a real livelihood for coffee growers, a breath of fresh air for the planet, zero net carbon emissions from crop to cup and healthy forests for migratory songbirds. Most recently, Grounds for Change became a Certified B Corporation - a new type of corporation that uses the power of business to meet comprehensive and transparent social and environmental performance standards, practice higher legal accountability standards, and build business constituency for “good business.” With a 15% discount, tree planting for your purchase, and the opportunity to support such a responsible business, now is the perfect time to take advantage of this Earth Day special and try Grounds for Change!
Care2 is a community that empowers individuals to make a difference. Care2 has over 18 million members, making it the web's largest community of people seeking to make a difference in issues like green living, human rights and animal welfare. The letter from the President Randy Paynter on the Care2 site says it all, “The idea is simple: Make it easy for everyone to live a healthy, green lifestyle and impact the causes they care about most.”
The Care2 site offers a plethora of engagement options, and here are just a few of them:
- healthy living – from food, to health, to pets to family this section of Care2 gives members categorized advice on ways that members can improve the overall well being of their lives in a variety of ways.
- community – want to join up with like-mined people? This is the place to meet people who are also looking for you, such as: travel, singles, parenting, hobbies, and many more.
- start a petition – this great feature allows individuals, non-profits, and other groups to make their voices heard in a simple but effective way to start petitions, spread the word, and get voices heard. In fact, ever notice the petition widget on the Carbonfund.org site? This is one way that Care2 and Carbonfund.org partner together to get a pro-environment message out to readers like you!
- eCards – for any occasion, Care2 offers eCards that range from spiritual to sentimental to romantic to funny. These cards are great for a special occasion or “just because.”
- free click to donate – this is one of the easiest ways you can support Carbonfund.org! With Care2s click to donate, a member can simply go onto the site and click on the Carbonfund.org cause under global warming to click our cause and get Care2 donations. This is a great way to support us and other causes without impacting your bank account.
- news network – the Care2 news network gives news from the US and around the world on many newsworthy areas including government, politics, culture, and more. This is a great one-stop shop to get the news that you care about.
- daily deals – looking to save on coffee, cosmetics, clothes and other socially/environmentally conscious stuff? Care2 provides a deal every day for subscribers that can save big money and support great businesses.
- green jobs – if you want a green job in policy, renewable energy, your favorite non-profit or more, this tool offers a great list of green jobs that can get you to work in the green economy. A great resource for folks looking for any kind of green collar job!
These engagement options that Care2 offers are just a few of many that members can explore. Carbonfund.org is certainly proud to partner with such a forward thinking organization. The membership is free and easy to sign up for so check it out today. To learn more please visit: http://www.care2.com or http://www.thepetitionsite.com.