news & media (1209)
ClickShipNGo.com is an online provider of shipping management services for individual consumers and small businesses. Users can retrieve and compare freight quotes from competing carriers, schedule pickups and track shipments online, generate required paperwork, and manage their total shipping needs in an easy and affordable manner. Due to their large buying power, they pass the savings directly to their customers which would not be possible by going directly to the carrier.In addition to offering an effective shipping management service, ClickShipNGo.com is a CarbonFree® Shipping Partner and makes a donation to Carbonfund.org for every package they ship to reduce, offset its carbon emissions. If you need to ship a package, or own a business and are looking for an environmentally-friendly provider, choose ClickShipNGo.com. Just by using their service, your package will not only be shipped at an affordable price, but it will generate a donation that supports third-party validated carbon reduction projects that fight climate change today. You can visit their website at www.clickshipngo.com.
Do you worry about the impact your travel has on the environment and on local communities? Do you enjoy learning about local customs and local environmental conditions when you travel? When you take a trip with Green Edventures, they’ve got you covered. Offering three educational adventures in the spring and summer of 2010, Green Edventures gives you the best of all worlds. All three trips employ local guides, well versed in the local cultures and environmental problems. Furthermore, these trips are carbon neutral through Green Edventures’ partnership with Carbonfund.org.
From frolicking with sea lions, snorkeling in a coral reef, and trekking breathtaking desert vistas in Mexico, to glacier hiking and sea kayaking in Alaska, Green Edventures provides options for different interests. Green Edventures focuses on the three “e” values: education, environment and empowerment to inspire people to become active environmental citizens. On a green edventure, you learn from knowledgeable local guides about pressing environmental issues, like how climate change affects Alaska’s wilderness, overfishing in Baja California, and invasive plant species in Kenai Fjords National Park.
If you’re interested in attending a teacher-led Green Edventure, please visit their website at www.GreenEdventures.com. The trips are filling up, so you'll want to sign up soon.
- It's not actually that cold - it is cold right now, but it is not like every place is setting record lows. Some might even say that winters like this are more like the winters we used to have; but due to a recent string of warmer than average winters this one just feels colder.
- Some places are really hot right now- Australia and New Zealand are currently in the midst of record heat waves, and Bulgaria is close to 72 degrees right now. The 2000s were the hottest decade on record, with the 1990s closely trailing. In fact, over the last ten years, the only continent to not experience warmer than average temperatures was North America.
- Nobody said it would never get cold again - Winter is supposed to be colder than Summer - and a cold streak is perfectly reasonable in winter. But with global warming, the incidence of record cold days to record warm days has shown a measurable and significant drop over the last 60 years.
- People have short-term memories - it is hard to remember the summer heat when you are bundled up, your toes are cold and your nose is running like a faucet.
- People confuse weather with climate - it is nearly impossible to link any single weather event to global warming - hot or cold, catastrophic or normal - there are just too many factors at play. So one cold streak doesn't disprove global warming just like one warm streak doesn't prove it. The best measures of the climate come from scientific analysis and from observing long term trends.